I. Instructions to Campus Card
Campus Card is the important evidentiary material for in-university students’ identity. Students should keep it properly and abide by relevant instructions. Major functions of the card include: ① eating in canteen; ② access to library and books borrowing; ③ registration and treatment in medical room; ④ on-campus supermarket consumption; ⑤ on-campus exam identification.
1. Recharge of Campus Card
(1) Recharging via Mobile Phone: Activate mobile banking of China Construction Bank after arriving at the University, download app of “China Construction Bank” on your phone, or search and follow WeChat official account of “China Construction Bank in WeChat.
(2)Recharging at Window: take the bank card of China Construction Bank and the campus card to card center (1F hall on the west of No.3 Teaching Building) to handle recharging business, not cash recharging accepted.
2. Password and Consumption Limit of Campus Card
The initial password of the campus card is the last six digits of your ID Card No. (X will be substituted by digit 0). The daily consumption limit for the card is RMB30, and password is needed for the part more than RMB30.
3. Loss Report and Replacement of Campus Card
If carelessly losing the campus card, the student may apply for loss report and replacement in the automatic machine or call Card Center of Nanchang Campus at 0791-83879820. If you get back your card, you may cancel the loss application on the automatic machine; if you are unable to get back your card, you may apply for replacement personally in the card center with your ID card.
1.We now have more than two millions of books collected, more than 1.9 millions of electronic books, and more than 30 electronic literature databases.
1. International students may borrow books with the campus card.
2. Our library provides various kinds of literary magazines and journals, and students may borrow them for free.
3. We set up study room to provide comfortable learning environment.
We have bought the reading copyright of a series of famous database at home and abroad like Elsevier, Wiley, AGU, ASCE, ACM, ACS, ASME and etc., and students may read them for free after connecting to the library network.
Seven days every week, opened from 08:00—22:00 everyday.
2. Opening Hours for Library of School of International Education
Opened from 09:00—12:00 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Room 408 of Xuegong Building
Public Transport Line for Students Reaching University:
(1) from Nanchang Railway Station to Nanchang Guanglan Campus: get on Bus 232 in Zhanqian Square Bus Station in Nanchang Railway Station to Station of East China University of Technology (Intersection of Guanglan Avenue) to reach the north gate of ECUT, which costs RMB2 and about one hour.
(2) from Nanchangxi Railway Station to Nanchang Guanglan Campus: take High-speech Rail Bus 4 in Nanchangxi Railway Station to Station of Fanjia Xincun (the east gate of the University), which costs RMB5 and about 50 minutes.
(3) from Changbei Airport to Nanchang Guanglan Campus: take Airport Bus 1 in the Bus Station of Nanchang Changbei Airport to Station of Urban Construction College, then take Bus 232 (to Changbei Parking Lot) to Station of East China University of Technology.
IV. Guide to Seeing a Doctor
1. Location of University Clinic:
The clinic of Guanglan Campus is located at the opposite of west gate of Guanglan Campus (gate of Huarui Jincheng); the clinic of Fenglin Campus is located at the 1F bungalow behind the Administrative Building of Fenglin Campus.
2. Instructions to Seeing a Doctor: students going to the clinic to see a doctor should bring personal campus card, and the expenses for registration and payment shall be paid by the campus card, no cash payment acceptable.
3. Working Hours of University Clinic:
Working Hours from Monday to Friday:
On-duty at Night: 19:30—21:00
Working Hours on Weekends and Statutory Holidays:
Morning: 08:30am—11:00amAfternoon: 15:00—17:00pm
On-duty at Night: 19:00-21:00
4. Introduction to Hospitals Nearby
There are many hospitals with perfect medical facilities and advanced level near the University, including People’s Hospital of Jiangxi Province, the First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Jiangxi Zhonghuan Hospital, Hongdu Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Nanchang City, and etc.
International students enjoy the same holidays as Chinese students. But we have no holidays for those of other countries. Overseas students should pay attention to the holiday arrangement on school calendar.
In addition to about two-month summer vacation from the beginning of July to the beginning of September and about one-month winter vacation in February every year, main holidays of China include:
New Year’s Day (January 1): one day off
Spring Festival (New Year’s Day of the Chinese lunar calendar, around February of the Gregorian calendar): seven days off
Qingming Festival (April 5): one day off
Labor Day (May 1): one day off
Dragon Boat Festival (May 5 of the Chinese lunar calendar, around June of the Gregorian calendar): one day off
Mid-autumn Festival (August 15 of the Chinese lunar calendar, around September to October of the Gregorian calendar): one day off
National Day (October 1): three days off
VI. Currency and Bank
There are China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and other banks near the University. Please do not exchange money with strangers on the street to avoid money loss.
Customer Service Tel of Bank of China: 95566, Website: www.boc.cn
Customer Service Tel of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China: 95588, Website: www.icbc.com.cn
Customer Service Tel of China Construction Bank: 95533, Website: www.ccb.com
Customer Service Tel of Agricultural Bank of China: 95599, Website: www.abchina.com
Customer Service Tel of Postal Savings Bank of China: 95580, Website: www.psbc.com
VII. Useful Numbers
Office of International Exchange: 0791-83897980
Overseas Students Management Office of School of International Education: 0791-83898582
Security Office: 0791-83898110
Medical Aid: 120
Traffic Accident: 122